Sunday, February 20, 2011

P90X Week 6: The Incredible Shrinking Man

Talk about complete and total MOTIVATION!!! The say that a picture is worth a thousand words. My 30 day pictures were pretty amazing. And gave me a HUGE motivational boost. But, I'm an engineer. I need numbers and data to make sure that things are going right. I've actually stopped weighing myself everyday. It was driving me insane, and I didn't want to get all over myself for seeing a half pound increase. So, I started a "Biggest Loser" style weigh in. I'm now just weighing myself once per week. Let the weekly drop in weight be a big surprise. I was exstatic when I saw my 189.2 on Wednesday for my last blog post. It's been a really long time since I've been under 190, even if it's only .8 pounds. My ultimate goal is to be around 175 by the end of this round, and have some amazinly ripped abs. I've run a total of 5 marathons, and I can honestly say that every one of them I was overweight, and no where near my goal weight. I want to run another marathon, but I will not do it in the 190s. I won't put myself through that. It means I'm not ready to lay down a Boston Qualifying time.

And I'm well on my way and to get back to the data, imagine how far my confidence soared when I saw these measurements in just 3 weeks.

Measurements in 3 weeks:

Neck 14.5 to 14
Shoulders 46 to 44
Chest 38 to 37
Waist 37 to 35
Abdomen 36.5 to 34! SERIOUSLY 2.5 INCHES!!!!
Hips 40 to 38
Thigh 24 to 23
Knee 15.5 to 14.5
Ankle 9.25 to 9
Arm 12.5 to 13
Forearm 10.5 to 10.25
Wrist 6.75 to 7

To me, it's totally UNREAL how much my body is changing right now. Add up all those measurements, that's 10.25" of fat OBLITERATED off of my body in just 3 weeks. My metabolism must be flyng through the roof right now. Seriosuly, I cannot remember a time where I've made a body transformation like this. All I have to say is that, I cannot wait until until I take those 60 day pictures. Will I recognize that new guy in the pic. Will I have some abs showing through. Who knows, only time will tell and with the momentum I've built right now, there's one thing that's for certain. I will be pushing play each and every day. And I will be dropping some sweat drenching workouts that will obliterate fat. Lookout peepz......The KID IS EN FUEGO!!!!

No comments: