Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII Wrap Up (Part II of IV)

Saturday
Saturday started out a little slow. We woke up late due to the 2 hour time zone and the late night check in. The room we were staying in was pretty nice. The Hotel was located just outside Disney World, and was hosting an RC Car event. That was pretty cool. Watching cars zoom around a carpet track at close to 40 miles per hour was pretty amazing. The race is scored very similar to NASCAR. All the cars have transponders in them, and their position on the track is all tracked via computers and sensors that are under the carpet. Talk about high tech. This was the premier RC Race car event. They literally went 24 hours per day while we were there.

After watching that for a few mins, we headed out for a little breakfast at Dennys, and we were off to Tampa for a day at the NFL Experience. The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You couldn't have asked for better weather. I brought most of my game day attire, left the jacket for Super Sunday. Ya know...I can't give it all up. Donned my Garrison Hearst jersey for the the. The drive to Tampa proved interesting. The number of people donning Steelers gear on their cars was immense. At one point, I was TOTALLY boxed in. My front, rear and both sides had Steelers fanatics around us giving us the BIZ. I had my Cardinals flags flying.....well....until pops rolled down the window at 80 miles per hour....that flag really took off! Oh the agony.....After the lengthy traffic jam, we got to the parking and headed to the EXPERIENCE! Since we didn't have tickets, we stood in line to get them. Some really nice people gave us one VIP entry into the experience, so we only had to buy one ticket. The line wasn't near as long as everyone said it was. I would say we spent maybe 20 minutes. As we were getting ready to go in, we ran into an Arizona Republic photographer who knew me from teh stadium and wanted to get some pics. This one made the BEST OF THE SUPERBOWL in their must see section!



This is where the insanity starts!!!! See, people in PHX know that I'm not actually Kid Rock. I've done enough media interviews that it's pretty well published that I'm just a crazy fans of the team that looks a LOT LIKE Kid. BUT.....Tampa didn't quite get that memo! Add in the fact that there are famous people in town who want to be seen, and you have a recipe for photo ops with "fans" all over the place. Literally! I swear....I couldn't walk but 5 feet before people would run up for me to take a picture. That was a totally new experience for me!!!! We pretty much hit everything that the NFL Experience had to offer!!!! As we were leaving, we made out way to the NFL store, and bought our commemorative Super Bowl Ticket Holder. From there, it was back to Orlando to the Hotel, clean up a bit, and off to a Cardinals Fans ORLANDO meet up at Fridays again!

This time, the meet up at FRIDAYS was a HUGE success. Imagine the local Orlandans...if that's even a word....when they came upstairs to a watch a UFC fight, to be overwhelmed by Cardinals fans! Their face were priceless. In all, I'd say at the highpoint, there were about 40-60 member from the Arizona Cardinals Fans forums there. I have a BUNCH of pictures, and I will get those uploaded tonight as well! You talk about a fun little pep rally!!! The beer was flowing, and the excitement was in the air.....TOMORROW was the SUPER BOWL and my Cardinals and our fans that made the Trip were READY TO SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

No comments: