Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The SUPER Re-CAP! Part 1 of 4

Wow...What an amazing four days. All those emotional highs, and the HUGE emotional low that was the ending of what will come down as one of the BEST SUPER BOWLS EVER! I'll say this.....Regardless of the outcome I had an absolutely AWESOME time, and I truly felt as if I was a ROCK STAR for the weekend. Lets recap the adventure.

Friday
Friday was really the first day that started it all. I had packed some of my things Thursday night, but I managed to get up early enough to get in the couple of hours of work that I needed to complete to get my 40 and finish up the little pack of odds and ends. The local news channel had my taping up for thier story on me being a DIEHARD Cardinals fan from Tucson. You can see the video here:

(http://www.kvoa.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3395885&h1=Arizona%20Cardinal%20Fanatic&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=108233&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=93843484)

From there it was off to the Airport. The Tucson Airport is incredibly uneventful. When we checked in, I was offered an upgrade to First Class for 90 bucks. In retrospect....I should have taken it! Ahh well...Probably better that I didn't, because they more then likely wouldn't have given me the keys to the rental car later. Our flight took us through Dallas, and when we got on the ground, I received a bunch of txt messages from Pete. Turns out his father in law was on our flight from Dallas to Orlando. So when we got to Orlando, we all met up, and after I got the rental car met for Dinner at Fridays Front Row. At the airport, it was apparent we were going to be significantly outnumbered by Steeler fans...And this was in Orlando. As I was standing in line, another van full of Steelers fans got off the bus....and the heckling of the LONE Cardinals fan...ME....began... I held my own as I walked the long line to the agent....And he said man...that was rough. They've been coming in all week.....but I haven't seen any Cardinals fans until today. I had to remind him that we all had JOBS and couldn't come in until Friday. He absolutely loved the response and gave us a free upgrade to a MINI-VAN....Gee thanks. Once we got the Van we turned on the GPS and headed for FOOD. Friday's Front Row was great, and sat and talked with Pete and his crew, just taking in all the amazement that we were actually in the Super Bowl! I'll update these posts with Pics as I've got a bunch on iPhone, but need to get them on here.

We finally got to the hotel about midnight and were so beat by then that we literally went to sleep and didn't wake up until about 9:30 the next morning....... (continued in Part 2 of 4)

No comments: