Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Weather and Coming to the End of Another Phase

Well, as with all goo things, they must come to an end. When I did Chest and Back yesterday for my P90X workout, I realized that I had completely filled out every line on the log sheet. That meant, that I will not see that workout for quite some time. I was officially on Day 162 yesterday. That puts me with 18 days left until I start my phase 3 journey. Most people take the step and do a hybrid of Insanity and P90X. Me....I just thought that was well.....Insane. Although, my next adventure through P90X will be I guess my own version of Insanity. Basically, I'm going to take everything I've learned and employed over the past several months, and create a Marathon Training plan that not only includes miles out the wazoo....But put in there the strength training that my body is gong to need to sustain the level of effort I want to accomplish.

It's said that we learn from our mistakes. Well, if that's true, then I should be a freakin' genius when it comes to making mistakes in any running plan. I've done everything wrong. I've upped my mileage too quickly. I've left out strength training all together. I've over trained for a marathon and came down with bronchitis the week before, and eventually was pulled out by race officials after 14 miles. I've under trained for the marathon and watched in horror and agony as it chewed me up and spit me out. Well, now it's time to take all those life's lessons, along with some amazing marathon workouts, and meld them together with some P90X and doubles. I can truly say that my body IS ready this time. After 180 days of Tony Hortons masterful workouts, my body is strong and ready for my next challenge. And what is that challenge you ask??? Well, the title of my blog says it all.......QUALIFY FOR THE BOSTON MARATHON!!!

As for my running today. Chock up another 6 miles at a nice easy pace. When I first went out there, my mindset was to just get 3.5 miles in. But then, at the turn off point, I made the decision to to the entire big loop. And it was the right decision. Fall is a beautiful time here in the Southern Arizona desert southwest. There as no way I was going to let the opportunity of running in this amazing weather slip away. And that my friends, was me pushing play for the day. Well......Until I get home this afternoon to bang out Shoulders and Arms!!! BOO YAH!

No comments: