Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Video Updates and More

I know it's been a long time since I last updated my Blog....You'll have to bear with me, but life and vacations got in the way. Here's some quick updates. I did get through my 90 days, but as part of the chaos that is life as a Father, Baseball Manager, Husband, Exercise Junkie, and Manager at work, pictures fell to the wayside.

BUT, have no fear, I will take some updated photos from the NEWEST round of P90X that I've started. There was no way that I was going to take time off. I just can't afford to do that. That's when I lose fitness, and end up starting from Square 1. So to me, P90X isn't just a 90 day program, it's something that I'm going to incorporate into my everyday life. In fact, in this round, I'm going to introduce a new training into my P90X workout regiment. Beachbody just release the newest in it's Insanity Franchise called Insanity Asylum. For those who are regulars on the P90X circuit, Insanity is regularly combined with P90X into hybrid workouts. Well, I knew that BeachBody was coming out with a new version, and I ordered it today. I can't wait to get it and work it into my current Round of P90X.

Something else that I also added into my regimen, is Shakeology. I've heard coach after coach talk about the benefits of Shakeology as a meal replacement, but I had shied away from it as I really wanted to stick to the P90X diet principals. Well, 2 weeks ago, I took the step and added Shakeology to replace a meal, and I have to say first hand, that it does what EVERYONE claimed, and I will have specific data to prove it via blood work. I can say this, it does suppress my appetite. That is one of the claims made by each and every coach, and I can confirm this. I would ALWAYS be raging maniac hungry by about 10:45. That's after eating a breakfast at 6am. That was when eating a large protien packed breakfast of egg white omletes. Then, life got in the way, and I didn't have enough time to make the breakfast and I switched over to Slimfasts. Well, 10:45 went to 10am. That didn't hold me over 1 bit. So, I bought Shakology and I don't even start thinking about food until 11:30 or 11:45ish. Then I have a nice sized lunch. I can totally tell the differences. Today, I actually brought a breakfast and will have Shakeology for lunch. It will be interesting to see how my mid afternoon hunger is. With that, I'll be getting concrete proof as to what the effects are on my Cholesterol. I got my blood tested last Thursday free at work, so I hope to have some good results there.

Finally, I've started videoing all my workouts and I'm going to put together some minute and a half accountability updates with footage of me doing the P90X exercises (good and bad). I ultimately started videoing the workouts so I can see where I need to work on form. My hope is that I'll get better on each and every exercise with a push towards perfect form!!!

So Click the video link below and tell me what y'all think!!!!



P90X Shoulders and Arms - Week 1

No comments: