Friday, September 19, 2008

Missed Two Days, But BACK IN!

So, it happened, I missed two straight days. Totally unplanned, but somewhat necessary. I didn't get much sleep the night before. My backs been giving me some issues as of late. Seems weird since all the heavy lifting I did was last week, and the great run I had on Tuesday, those normal signs just weren't there. But, about an hour after I laid down for bed, and just as I fell asleep, I must have turned and that's when it started....the same thing happened last night but not as much. Ive been using my Compex religiously the last couple of says on my back, so the loosed up muscles and extra blood flow are helping. Just need to stay on top of it. Another point of interest is the big toe on my right foot. I smashed it a bit during the move out when a piece of equipment fell. Just a glancing blow, but one i noticed the other day had turned up black and blue under my nail. No pressure or pain, so it was a surprise to me when I saw that. I managed to cut the nail back quite a bit, and all this goo and blood came out. Had to drain it again this am after the run, but it's all good.

My run this morning was basically a makeup of Wednesdays. Just a 35 min recovery jog. My legs were a little stiff for missing two day, but after about the first quarter mile I was in a regular stride. I want to get to the point where my easy days are at an 8:30 pace, and my hard tempo run days are in the 6:45 - 7:15 range. Right now my easy days are a bit too easy. I'm running at about a 9:15 - 9:30 range. Tomorrow, we have a 30 minute tempo run on store since I'm not running the race this weekend. I want to, but I think I'm going to hold out for the 10 miler, and a 30 min tempo run would better suit my goals, and would also give me a good gauge as to where my fitness is right now running at my current weight.

All in all, things are still moving forward post Coffee house days. I may even have good news to report on that front! Skadoosh!

Keep running and LIVESTRONG!

No comments: