Tuesday, January 27, 2009

T-MInus 4 Days

I'll start with last night....well early afternoon...I'm ticked because my damn iPhone started acting up yesterday...There's definitely a hardware problem somewhere in there, since when you squeeze it or push to hard on the touch screen and it does it's best impression of a tickle me Elmo doll.....well...without the annoying giggle..

Thankfully, it still receives and makes phone calls, plays music, and gets my internet and email. Which is basically all I use it for. And it's a good thing it functioned as a phone, or I wouldn't have gotten to do the Phone Interview with The Press Box (http://www.thepressbox.org). The Show is scheduled to play on Thursday, so when I get the link, I'll update it here. I'm doing another radio show tonight, this one is my own personal show that I do with the The Champ of Sports Talk (http://www.thechampofsportstalk.com). The Champs been on injured reserve for the past few months, but we plan on putting together a GREAT show to talk all about the NFC Championship game, and my preview of what to expect this coming Sunday in Tampa. I'm also scheduled to be a guest on the Carey Sisters Radio show Thursday night. They are live on in Las Vegas, and you can here their show over the internet at http://www.thecareysisters.com this Thursday evening. I'm telling ya, it's as if I'm having my own blitzkreig of Media Week, AND I"M LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

This week also started a new schedule of running. Today was 12x300m hill repeats. Tough workout, and one we haven't done in a VERY LONG TIME! In fact, I think it was sometime back in August...I had just started my trianing blog....and I think I was running somewhere in the 1:30 range per set. Well....that was about 35 pounds ago and a WHOLE LOT OF MILES ago....Totally a different me. Today I ran all 12 sets in 1:15....Okay....the last set I ran in 1:12. Yeah.....Totally different me. The month of January really took an unexpected turn. My half marathon got overcome by NFL Playoff Football.....Something that's NEVER happened before. So, I ended up reducing the miles, but increasing the intensity of my workouts. Instead of slogging along at a 8:45 pace, I would run my mid week workouts at 8:15....Just not as long. And it's really paid off by allowing my body a full month of recovery without sacrificing my cardio!

But, as soon as I get back from Tampa, that will all change. It's time to exit that cycle of recovery, and start banging out the miles. There's a half marathon in March that I am going to target, and NOW IS THE TIME!!!

So, until tomorrow.....TRAIN HARD and LIVESTRONG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your views and attitude, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Murk