Monday, January 26, 2009

T-Minus 5 days!

Not that I'm keeping track or anything, but in 5 short days I should be hopping on a plane and heading EAST! This isn't a short trip by any stretch of the imagination. It would only be worse if I happened to live in San Diego or Seattle....So, when it's all said and done, it's two legs, Tucson to Dallas, Dallas to Orlando. We get into Orlando about 8pm local. I'm also going to be missing my first ever flag football team. Honestly, the kids could probably coach themselves, but.....We know I'm not letting that happen. I do have a couple of parent volunteers to keep the gears grinding while I'm gone. Hopefully, we'll be 2-3 when I get back....

My running is still going strong. I've cut back the miles in January so that I could give my body a little recovery period, but next week that all ends. I'm going to be starting the progression back up and need to work towards a mid March half marathon. Starting as soon as I get back from the Super Bowl XLIII trip, I'll get back to logging tons of miles. Until then, I'm keeping my cardio up, and working on some strength training until then.

Today is going to start being what will be a busy week for the team. This morning they fly off for Tampa, and tomorrow begin the circus known as Super Bowl Media WEEK! I plan on hosting my own media week....Today I've got a radio show interview planned for 3pm local AZ on www.thepressbox.org! They were looking for a DIEHARD Cardinals fan to give insight on the upcoming matchup. Should be a great interview, and I cannot wait. On Thursday AM, I'm going to be on LIVE TV in Tucson. Our local NBC affiliate KVOA contacted me and want me to do a live spot at 7am. So I'll be hading to theier studios to get the GEAR ON, and talk about being a DIEHARD Cardinals Fan who's making the trip to TAMPA!

And we'll see if I hear from the Ellen Degenerous Show. Apparently, they're looking for the most DIEHARD Cardinals and STEELERS fan. Look no further man...Search over! When you'bve got two hallways dedicated to you at the teams stadium.....Who else can say that....She has no other choice then to seelct the KID!

We'll see how that turns out!!! Until then...ROCK ON, TRAIN HARD, and LIVESTRONG!

1 comment:

Terra said...

YOU CAN TOTALLY GET ON THE ELLEN SHOW! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! I AM PUMPED FOR YOU- I know this will be a huge special weekend. Make sure to have a BLAST- SO JEALOUS!