Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let the Ticket Search Begin!

My mountain to climb to get to the promised land all of a sudden looks like Mt Everest. I'm telling ya, the range of emotions I've felt in the past 24 hours have gone from amazing highs to gut wrenching lows. The fact of the matter is, I'm flying to Orlando on Friday the 30th of January and flying back on Monday February 2nd. That's all I know right now. There's still hope that somehow, by the grace of god, I will still somehow land a Super Bowl ticket at face value. But that hope fades every day. I've seen people, who I've been season ticket holders with for almost a decade now, and partied with for many years, whom you thought were your friends tell you that even when they had no intentions of going, are selling the tickets they got at $825 for face value at double the price. Pretty scary what money will do to you. Why, because I would have NEVER done that to them. If I couldn't make it, and I was selected, the first people I would have offered it to were friends and/or family at face value. That's just how I roll. This is something that I feel very strongly about. There are vary many fans who have followed this team for a very long time who didn't get selected and really want to go. I'm not the only one in this boat. Yet, the prices right now are so ridiculous, that we as fans are being forced out. And it just plain SUX.

I still have hope.....But every passing day that hope dwindles. Perhaps there's some Corporate sponsor who's looking for a couple of Diehard fans to help promote their business out there. I've got a line on people who are passionate about this team, love to paint thier faces, and dress up in crazy outfits that are looking to attend this game.

No comments: